Tuesday, August 31, 2010

24 Hour Comics Day is Heading to Seattle



24-Hour Comics Day is an annual challenge for cartoonists to produce a 24-page comic book written, drawn and completed in 24 consecutive hours. The Phinney Center, here in Seattle, 6532 Phinney Avenue N, will host a 24-Hour Comics Day on Saturday, Oct 2, starting at 1 PM, and running thru Sunday, Oct 3, at 3 PM. This coincides with the international event. We will be located in the Brick Building on Dayton Avenue, directly below the main Blue Building on Phinney.


Right now, I am still making preparations. We have a core group of cartoonists who can be counted on to take part, you know who you are. I'm still looking for the final group line-up and I'll let you know how it all comes together. So, contact me with a link and/or samples of your work, if you'd like to be considered. Drop me an email at inkwellspring at yahoo dot com. That's the easiest way. If you're in, then you're in. If not, it could be because of space considerations, etc.


This is the first year we try this at the Phinney Center. It will not be officially open to the public. But, if you contact me, we can let you in if you'd like to view the event. This will be left to my discretion. Basically, we want to have an awesome event and be respectful of the Phinney Neighborhood Association for hosting it. I am grateful for their cooperation and allowing me to coordinate this event.




More details coming. For now, I want to thank our sponsor, Comics Dungeon, for stepping up with some much needed support. Comics Dungeon is a leader among comic shops, period. They are located at 250 NE 45th Street and these folks really know comics and will help you out. You can also visit them at their Web site: http://comicsdungeon.com/default.aspx

No comments: